Sunday 27 November 2011

Music my fiancé hates (part 2)


     "From Enslavement to Obliteration" is my favorite Napalm Death album, by far.  When I first heard this release it blew me away.  This is one of the few examples of a perfect album.  This album is brilliant from start to finish.  It is unfortunate so many people think of Napalm Death as "that band with the 5 second song olololololololol."  The songs "Dead" and "You Suffer" are actually an ingenious idea for this type of album.  After listening to over 20 1:00 long grind songs you start to get a little bit bored so ND bust out 5 seconds of shear intensity that wakes you up in a heart beat and then blasts you again with another!  After that there are a couple more songs until the album finishes off with a doomy outro.  It truly is amazing.   My fiancé said that she doesn't like it because: "it makes me angry and sad at the same time, it sounds blahhhhhhhhhhh."   Needless to say, I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment