Wednesday 31 August 2011

The mark of brilliant song writing.

      Today at work I had this song stuck in my head.


     I haven't listened to Bruce Dickinson in at least 5 years, and I didn't even listen too it that much then.  Whenever I have a craving for BD's voice I usually just throw on an Iron Maiden album.  Truth is, this album is much more solid than many Iron Maiden albums.  The songs are all very strait forward, the production is fairly modern but still pretty gritty, there isn't anything pretentious or flashy.  This is where the albums strength lies; you won't hear any ostentatious acoustic intro that lasts over 2 minutes or any song that lasts over 6 minutes. The aforementioned facts alone puts this album above Iron Maiden's last two outputs.  The songs are also very well composed, the choruses are more interesting than your typical one or two words repeated ad infinitum commonly found in traditional metal (not that it's a bad thing, although it does not make for unique songs.)   I figured I would throw on the title track as well to give a sample of what I'm talking about.


    Listen to this album, if you are anything like me; the songs will be stuck in your head for years.

No comments:

Post a Comment